Part of my career was spent cooking breakfast. I really enjoy brunch the most, but I consider a good breakfast a great way to start my day. Right after my morning workout of course! One summer, my daughter Kelsey and I were kind of on the same morning schedule and had breakfast together every morning. Her fav was the herby omlette, and the great thing about this one is you can adjust the recipe to your liking. I cooked them for her with anything that was fresh that day in the garden, So this is where you educate your taste buds by finding out which flavors work well together, including a huge variety of cheeses available. So this recipe will be vague and will relay on your creativity and availability of fresh produce.
The Herby Omlette:
3 eggs beaten well
2 Tbsp Oil
3 Tbsp Finely Choopped Fresh Herbs (Your Choice) Suggestions: Basil, Oregano, Chives, Tarragon, Parsley, Rosemary, Chervil
2 Tbsp Diced Onion (OPTIONAL)
3-4 Mushrooms Sliced (OPTIONAL)
4 oz Cheese (Your Choice) Suggestions: Swiss, American, Cheddar, Goat, Feta
2 oz Chopped fresh tomato meat (no seeds, no skin) (OPTIONAL)
1 oz Mictrogreens (Your Choice) Suggestions: Radish, Peas, Chervil, Basil
1) Heat oil in a 9 inch saute pan until hot
2) Add onions and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes (if using onions & mushrooms)
3) Add herbs and heat thoroughly before adding the eggs.
4) As eggs harden, move to the middle, allowing the wet eggs to reach the hat pan
5) After all wet egg is cooked, flip the omlette, add the cheese and tomatoes and fold onto a plate.
6) Top the omlette with the microgreens and serve.